Dolores O Riordan Music Bursary Award – Pictured above is Limerick singer Emma Langford, who received the first Dolores O Riordan Music Bursary Award in 2019.
The opportunity to receive a bursary of up to €4000 is available for Limerick musicians
Dolores O’Riordan, singer, songwriter, and lead vocalist with The Cranberries, was one of Ireland’s most enduringly popular artists. The Dolores O Riordan Music Bursary is an award to honour her memory and to support a Limerick professional musician to develop their career.
Limerick City and County Council invite applications from professional musicians to be considered for a Bursary of up to €4,000 for the development of work/professional skills. Artists based in Limerick City and County Council’s administrative area, or operating substantially within Limerick City and County can apply for the music Bursary.
This scheme is in line with the Limerick Cultural Strategy Aim and Objective 1:
– To grow Limerick’s cultural capacity by retaining and attracting creative practitioners to live and work in Limerick.
– Support and develop the creativity of individual artists in Limerick through recognising the need to support the making and development of creative work as well as its presentation and exhibition.
– Encourage the highest standards of creativity and excellence in all aspects of cultural activities.
The Dolores O Riordan Music Bursary Award scheme is to support professional musicians to develop their artistic practice. It is designed to support the development of Limerick-based professional musicians through any means that will demonstratively contribute to an artist’s development such as:
– Costs relating to the production of a specific body of new artistic work (Development of new work for performance, presentation, or recording).
– Costs relating to improving your knowledge (Research or short-term courses in Ireland or a structured mentoring relationship).
– Costs relating to improving your professional capacity (Such as website development, or documentation).
– Other (Any purpose that contributes to the removal of existing barriers to an artist’s development).
The closing date for applications is 4pm on Wednesday, August 17.
Apply for the Dolores O Riordan Music Bursary Award HERE
For more music stories, go HERE