Ed Sheeran Limerick gigs – The Ed Sheeran Limerick gigs take place on Thursday, May 5 and Friday, May 6 at Thomond Park.
Thousands of music fans will descend on Thomond Park this week
Ed Sheeran is taking his + – = ÷ x Tour to Limerick this Thursday, May 5 and Friday, May 6.
Thousands of music fans will descend on Limerick this week for two of the biggest gigs of the year by Global superstar Ed Sheeran.
The Ed Sheeran Limerick gigs take place on Thursday, May 5 and Friday, May 6 at Thomond Park with limited tickets for the Thursday show still available.
Limerick music icon Denise Chaila has been announced as a support act for eight Ed Sheeran dates across Ireland, along with English singer Maisie Peters as support acts on the night in Thomond Park Stadium.
With a seating capacity of 25,600 plus pitch standing, around 150,000 fans are due to see Sheeran perform his + – = ÷ x Tour across four nights in Thomond Park.
It is hoped that these crowds will greatly benefit the local economy by spending in Limerick hotels, bars and restaurants.
The gigs are due to take place a week after Limerick’s annual Riverfest weekend, which is set to return to its pre-pandemic glory this year.
The + – = ÷ x Tour, which kicks off in April 2022, will see English singer-songwriter Sheeran perform his new album ‘=’ across Ireland, the UK, Central Europe and Scandinavia, before returning to London’s Wembley Stadium for three nights in June/July.
The new tour will be the first time Sheeran plays stadium concerts since his infamous ‘Divide Tour,’ which took place from 2017 to 2019. A record-breaking 8.7 million people attended the tour’s three legs, making it the highest-grossing tour in music history.
Gates open at 4pm
Show ends at 10.30pm (approx.)
· Check your digital tickets to be sure you are attending the correct venue on the correct date.
· Please bring your fully charged smartphone.
· Remember to download your tickets from your Ticketmaster account to your phone in advance of show day.
· Please pay particular attention to the ticket information you received which includes details on ticket download & transfer. Detailed instructions have been emailed to you Alternatively please check via your Ticketmaster account.
· This is a digital ticket tour
· Please do not bring a bag unless it is totally necessary, no bags larger than A4 size will be allowed into the venues
· This is an outdoor event, please dress appropriately for all conditions.
· Fans are strongly encouraged to use public transport.
Gardai are advising those attending the shows that walking is the best way to reach the venue due to road closures surrounding the stadium.
The following road closures will be in place from 2pm on Thursday and Friday until 11:30pm on both nights: Ennis Road at its junction into Lansdowne Park, Shelbourne Road Upper at its junctions with Shelbourne Park and Mayorstone Drive and Knockalisheen Road at its junction with Old Cratloe Road.
The following closures will also be in place: Old Cratloe Road at its junctions with Mayorstone Avenue and Mayorstone Upper, Shannonville/Hazeldene at its junction with the Ennis Road, Corrib Drive at its junction with the Ennis Road and Knockalisheen Road/Ballygrennan Road.
Kileely Road will also be closed at its junction with Ballynanty Road, however to allow pupils to be collected from Ballynanty National School, this road will be closed slightly later than 2pm.
A traffic management plan will be in operation by An Garda Siochana. For full details please visit HERE
For more information on the Ed Sheeran Limerick gigs, go HERE and HERE
For other stories on Ed Sheeran, go HERE